- Stayed overnight at parents' place on my birthday; thought I lost my keys at their house (but I didn't; they were in my apartment). I could not watch the two hour Halloween Ghost Adventures special because: A.) Mom and Dad (Mom, especially) don't like the paranormal investigation stuff very much, and B.) I had to "learn about responsibility" again, because I took too long to finish my chores before leaving my apartment without my keys. Le sigh.
- First night out, sister treated everyone (parents, me, herself and her SUPER NERDY boyfriend—he will need a special codename for me to use on this blog sometime soon. I don't know what, but I'm sure he doesn't want to be a Dalek. Suggestions appreciated!) to some of the BEST sushi ever! If you're in Pittsburgh, go check out Fuji Sushi. Yes, it's out of the way a bit, practically in a strip mall sort of plaza, but it's so well worth it! The chef dude runs the business, and I think he trained world-class sushi chefs! Or is it national sushi chefs with high-level reputations? I don't know; what I do know is that he is an ARTIST and a master Jedi at his craft!!!! Those rolls were so damn goooooodddd….. It's like eating extremely tender unicorn meat without the sparkles! (Rating: OVER 9,000 WHITE-POINT STARS OUT OF 5!!!)
- There NEEDS to be a Hello Bistro out by me; seriously, there MUST be a location that's within walking distance of my apartment, dammit! Not just in a major city, but someplace that is accessible to myself and my family. It's a salad bar sort of chain restaurant (run by the Eat'N'Park people, but with MUCH better quality), similar to Saladwerks, but they have four different types of lettuce mixtures, dude! FOUR, including Kale!!!! If there was one right next door to me, I would certainly eat there everyday for lunch, especially if it means I get to lose mass! (It's mostly for the awesome and delicious healthy salads that have a ton of toppings available. For example, if you want chicken, you'll be offered 3 differently prepared chicken options! I give it 4.3 plungers out of 5!)
- I got to see my grandfather and grandmother; grandfather looked like a skinny vampire in his 8,000's. He needs to get more sun and more exercise into his daily routine! But I was happy to see him and talk to him, give updates. My hair-on-fire story did not give him a heart attack, fortunately. I also got to have ice cream cake with them! YAYS!
- Got presents: $50 USD ThinkGeek gift certificate (I used it already to get a unicorn drinking horn, a flask with the ethanol molecule on the outside of it, a Death Star ice mold, and a 50-year calendar keychain. The package just arrived on Monday, November 17th!); new stereo headphones; a book for Fate Accelerated Edition (roleplaying game that is simple to use to get started in the roleplaying gamescape); one copy each of Doctor Who books—The Silent Stars Go By, The Coming of the Terraphiles, and (drum roll please!) a book I'm only halfway through because it's huge that Papa Spock also wants to read once I'm done…. Doctor Who: The Writer's Tale, by Russell T. Davies & Benjamin Cook (basically e-mails and texts sent back and forth between the two during the writing of Series 4 and the specials between Series 4 finale and Matt Smith's Series 5, giving insight into the creative process Russell implements when writing or rewriting.). Thank you, family! ♥
- Why are the Christmas things coming out when it's frickin' November?! It's not Christmas yet! So quit yer Christmas sales advertising and decorating already! Several people already have their Christmas lights up BEFORE Thanksgiving! That's not how holidays work, people! It's Labor Day, then International Talk Like a Pirate Day, then Columbus Day, Halloween, Election Day, Thanksgiving, Yule, and THEN Christmas! In fact, the Pennsylvania Lottery is already selling (through their registered vendors) Christmas scratch-off tickets. Really?! Really! Do the fall-themed stuff first, dammit! Then do the whole "IT'S CHRISTMASTIME!" advertising the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Just go look it up on a calendar and stop confusing the ET's!
- I'll be doing presentations at a seminar series (well, three presentations that make up one huge one) about social media and what not to do on social media (with the first one being this Saturday, Nov. 22. On Gallifrey. Because Whovian.). The first one is also the same week as the annual apartment inspections. Can anyone say OVERWHELMED?!?!
- I finally figured out my religious beliefs: I'm a Non-Narcotic Experimental Bloggessian, who also worships Davros as a member of the Church of Skaro. If you need clarification on the second part, ask Holy Dalek or Mother Duderior on the Twitters; I'm too busy attacking the mess of inspections, appointments at home, the seminar presentations, and a dentist appointment. (Some Commandments for the Church of Skaro: Thou shalt use verbs that end in ATE! Thou shalt antagonize Republican Dalek for his abuse of Auton usage inside the US Government to sway public opinion, because YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG, REPPY! Thou shalt use caps lock on Twitter, for Daleks shout everything, and because CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL, YO!)
That's all I can rant about for now. Because that stuff you see in the bullet points? That's not the topic of this blog at all. I'm serious: ranting and raving and foaming at the mouth aside, it is absolutely imperative (and mandatory) that I share something with you……
Someone Please Make This a Permanent Perpetual Reality!
The first time I watched it (on Phil's blog post), I was like this:
That's all I needed to verify the AMAZING-ness of this video. (Please, @midnight, if you haven't already shown the video on the show yet, DOO EET NAO!)
#SciencePlusMusicEqualsMagic on Twitter to get people to look at it! Share it on all of your Facebook accounts! Do whatever it takes to get your family to watch it, even if you only have a cat hawking up a hairball onto your lap and a giant metal chicken next to you to count as family.
It's stuff like this that gets me thinking "It's a science unicorn!!!!!" I love it just as much as I love my new unicorn drinking horn. If I have to recommend anything INSANE, watch it over and over again, until it's permanently burned into your temporal lobe (memory center of your brain) so you don't always need internet to look it up to relive that magic!!!
Heehee! That's all I have to share for now. Please, go back to the video and enjoy that magically scientific-musical tacquito all over again, because it SO EPIC that I've run out of positive adjectives to describe it! BLAH BLAH BLAH POSITIVE STUFFS BLAH BLAH NON-EXTERMINATION LIST BLAH BLAH BLAH SCIENCE NERDY LUFFS AND OBSESSIONS BLAH BLAH!!!!